This one’s “lazy” because it has no crust (which also means less preparation time AND fewer calories).
Boxed mashed potatoes, made according to directions
1 can of peas
1 can of corn
2 pounds ground beef or turkey, drained of fat
Minced garlic, onion salt, thyme, white pepper
2 packages brown gravy mix
1. Make the potatoes as directed and throw in a dash of white pepper. Set aside.
2. Brown ground beef in 1 T. minced garlic. Drain the fat and put the beef in a 10” x 8” pan. Add some onion salt and thyme and mix.
3. Cook one of the brown gravy mixes according to the directions. Dump the gravy over the ground beef and stir it around.
4. Add peas and corn to beef mixture.
5. Spoon potatoes over beef mixture.
6. Cook at 350 degrees for ½ hour.
7. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and cook another couple of minutes.
8. Prepare the other brown gravy mix and serve some over each individual piece of “pie”.