Chocolate Chip Cookies Using Coconut Flour #glutenfree


I accidentally fell into these and now I don't want to make them any other way! I've had this coconut flour around the house FOREVER. I bought it a long time ago because I am a sucker for anything coconut. Coconut fanatic, that's me. But I never could cook anything with this flour just right. Until my accident.

I had made the chocolate chip cookie recipe from the package like usual. Then I remembered I wanted to use up that blasted coconut flour. So I tossed in a cup (normal cookies take TWO cups of white or wheat flour) and it got pretty thick. I tossed in a third egg and it seemed perfect. Baked those puppies and VOILA!

I later looked online to see that you use less coconut flour than regular flour, so I'm glad I didn't try to cram in 2 cups of coconut flour or we would have had some hockey pucks around the house to play with.

Here's the recipe:

1 cup unsalted butter (two sticks; I put them in a plastic bowl and microwave them for 30 seconds to get them soft)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I'm too lazy to pack it so I just toss in a full cup; seriously!)
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup coconut flour
12-ounce package chocolate chips

I do not mix dry and wet ingredients separately. This blog should be called THE LAZY COOK, quite honestly. My stuff always turns out great anyway. I put the things in the bowl in the order shown above and stir here and there, of course sampling it after the butter/sugar part YUM.

Toss in chocolate chips last.

I have this great little scoop that I use to make little balls on the sheets but you can do regular spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I bake them about 5 minutes then smack them flat with a metal spatula or they won't fall down themselves.

Then I cook them maybe another 5 minutes but all ovens are different so watch them the first batch.

ENJOY! These are moist and yummy even if you burn them. Ask me how I know!

If you liked this recipe, you'll love my book, The Tater Tot Casserole Cookbook! It's available in print and ebook versions (free if you are a Kindle Unlimited member so you can try it before you buy it in print!).

Comments

Popular Posts