I don't know about yours, but my pantry is a cluttered mess, and I end up wasting food because I can't even see it all because things are in front that we don't use much. I went looking for tips and found this gem from Frugal and Thriving:
A well-stocked pantry is one where you have an ample supply of foods you regularly eat – at least on a weekly or fortnightly basis. A cluttered pantry is full of foods you rarely eat.
Because we still do a little "homeschooling" and I work from home AND we spend a lot of time swimming, I want to prepare my pantry so my family can have a relaxing summer. So here are things I am using up before summer because I rarely use them, they take up too much space, or I bought them on a whim and nobody cares about them anymore:
- Coconut sugar — right now regular sugar is just fine, or honey is awesome, and also sometimes (under extreme duress) ...
- Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet packets — I'm sorry, but I can't stand fake sugar. I mean, I know a lot of it is NATURAL ... I have tasted a Stevia leaf and it has that aftertaste! I need to just figure out how to eat LESS sugar and not SUBSTITUTED sugar.
- Coconut flour (nobody has a gluten problem in my house but this flour is AMAZING in chocolate chip cookies so I can see myself restocking in the fall!)
- Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend ... again with the nobody has a gluten problem so I'm just going to use regular white and wheat flour once I use this up.
- Cranberry sauce — this was left over from when one of my kids worked on a Thanksgiving-themed meal for cooking class at co-op. Here's what I plan to make to get rid of it from Gluten Free on a Shoestring so I can also use up maybe my THM Baking Blend ... I'll let you know how it goes because I do like to substitute things. But also check out 7 Tasty Ways to Use a Can of Cranberry Sauce here!
- Treats like brownie mix, dream bar mix-ins, cookie mixes — summer is all about the FRUIT, people. Plus we are walking around in bathing suits ... enough said.
- Fancy hot chocolate mix from Christmas that we got as a gift. Time to drink it up. Maybe I can put it in a shake or something.
I'm curious to know what your pantry looks like and what you need to get rid of!