Roasted Potato and Chicken Casserole


I'm back today with another yummy concoction for you. And you know I've found a way to make it even easier and even faster to make because I don't know about you, but I can't be in the kitchen making meals for hours at this point in my life!

So the thing about this one is I'm going to give you a whole bunch of ingredients but you don't have to go nuts on it. Like I'm going to tell you to cook some bacon and chop up some green onion for the casserole, but I don't normally even mess with this. And you can add a veggie in there somehow, but I just make one on the side or make a salad (fruit or otherwise). You can tailor the amount of hot sauce depending on your family (my husband and teen sons just add more to theirs later so the rest of us can enjoy ours non-scorching). Change up the cheese, whatever you want!

Roasted Potato and Chicken Casserole


What you need:

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 potatoes, unpeeled
1/3 cup canola oil (although recently I used olive oil and it turned out great)
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 cup hot sauce, your choice
Cooking spray
1.5 cups cheese of your choice
Cooked bacon if you want it (4-5 strips)
Chopped green onion if you want it (2)

Optional: make up a packet of Ranch dressing mix to pour over the casserole = yum!

What to do:

1. Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker on low for 6 hours and save the broth.
2. When you're about 45 minutes from ready to eat, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
3. Dice the potatoes into small chunks and place them in a 9x13 baking pan.
4. Pour the oil over the potatoes, add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, chicken broth from slow cooker, and hot sauce and stir.
5. Roast the potatoes in the pan for 10 minutes, then stir. Stir every 10 minutes until they are mostly soft.
6. Tear up the slow cooker chicken with your hands (or chop it if it's hot and you prefer it that way) and place it on top of the potatoes, after you have stirred them again and sprayed them with cooking spray liberally.
7. Place cheese on top of chicken. This is where you'd also put on the chopped green onions and already-cooked bacon if you like it.
8. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and enjoy, adding more hot sauce if you need it and don't forget the homemade Ranch dressing :-)
10. And if you enjoy a well-rounded meal, grab a bag of salad and there's your veggie!

Toss that chicken in the slow cooker. This time I
sprinkled a packet of dry Italian dressing on it.

Speaking of dry dressing hacks, I whipped up
some Ranch dressing using mayo and milk...

... and everyone at my house loves to top their
casserole with it for extra flavor.


Comments

Popular Posts